Friday, July 23, 2010

Serious. Can't sleep.

So...again, I can't sleep. I don't know what my deal is lately! Although, it could be because I slept in a little bit today which was nice. :)

Tomorrow is my official last day in OKC. Hard to believe that summer has passed so quickly! I truly loved my internship. It was an amazing experience and I met some awesome people that I know I will continue to keep in contact with over the years.

I think the most important thing from my internship is that it really helped with my confidence. I haven't always been really confident in my work in communications but the fact that they just handed me a camera on my first day and said, "Here ya go! Get some good pictures." And trusted me to do it was a lot for me to take in. They definitely didn't treat me like an intern but like a regular employee in their office and it really meant a lot to me that they did.

I also got to have a ton of different experiences during this internship. I traveled from Cherokee to Lake Tenkiller to Walters and everywhere in between. I saw wheat harvest, legislators, members and ranchers. It was great to see so many different aspects of our state.

However, this time around, I think I am actually going to miss OKC. I finally learned where some things were and I actually got out and drove around. Without getting lost! (Most of the time. Haha.) I got to see friends that I hadn't seen in a long time because of being in OKC so I'm going to miss that a lot too. Especially dinners with my SAM for Life. :)

I am excited to get back to Stilly though. The idea of having my own place is so tempting. I can't wait to get in there and decorate! I am ready to have Aspen back. I know that sounds silly but I have missed her over the summer and I'm ready to be around her all the time again! Until school starts, I will be working only three days a week and I am reeeeeeaaaaaalllllllly looking forward to that! Who wouldn't be excited about four day weekends for three weeks?! Maybe I should start planning a "to-do" list during that time. Haha.

Anyways, I guess I should get to sleep. Or at least try.

Maybe I'll stop at Cuppies and Joes on my way out of town tomorrow. For old times sake. I think I will. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

kmb: wild at heart.