Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Yesterday.

Yesterday, I woke up in a terrible mood. I was tired because I hadn't been able to go to sleep the night before. I woke up late so I was rushed getting ready. I felt gross, had a headache and really, I was just grumpy. I was having an all around terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.

I did get an email from my BFF and it managed to raise my spirits like only an email from a best friend could. She provided me with some encouraging words that helped put a lot of things in perspective. Her emails get me through a lot of days! But, by that evening, I was grumpy again.

However, I just got a new computer and I was setting up my Skype account and one of my best friends called me on there literally as soon as I got done setting it up. My friend is out of state and I haven't been able to talk to him much this summer so it was great.

And exactly what I needed.

I just needed to chill and talk about stuff that isn't really important and just catch up with a good friend. It was nice to laugh about stupid stuff. You know that feeling that you get when you are in the presence of a friend and you just feel comfortable? That was what I was needing and it thankfully happened. It put a smile on my face. And he probably has no idea how much I needed it or how much it meant to me, but it was the perfect way to end the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.

1 comment:

  1. :) Your e-mails get me through many days as well! BUT, I am going to be glad when you are back in Stilly and we don't necessarily have to e-mail lol

    ReplyDelete

kmb: wild at heart.