Friday, December 11, 2009

Catching Up!

Well, it’s been a long time for this girl to be out of the blog world! Between final projects, conferences, tests, portfolios, and having a social life, I haven’t had a spare second to sit down and write a blog. However, I have had lots happen during all that time!

Let’s see, I participated in my last Future Ag Leaders Conference as an Ag Ambassador a couple of weeks ago. It was an amazing experience and I am so blessed to be able to serve in this capacity. Sure, sometimes I get tired and being a senior does make it a little hard to stay focused on it after three years but I can honestly say I wouldn’t be the person I am today if I hadn’t stuck it out as an ambassador. I have grown so much in so many aspects of my life and I have made some of the best friends a girl could ask for while doing it.

After Thanksgiving I came back for Dead Week, aka Not-So-Dead Week. It was one of the most stressful and longest weeks of my life. I had projects due like crazy and the pressure of wanting to hang out with everyone as much as possible before the break. But, that quickly came and passed as well and then it was time for Finals!

I had to make an “A” on one final to get an “A” in the class. I spent a whole afternoon studying. I didn’t leave school for almost 12 hours…didn’t eat, didn’t take a break, nothing. I was feeling pretty confident about my final and I was just hoping I could make a good enough grade to get that “A.” I sat down and my professor says, “I made a mistake on your grade. You already have an A.” Excuse me? Did that really just happen? Yes, I was relieved to not have to take the final but I definitely could have spent that afternoon doing more productive things…like sleeping. :)

But now, it’s the end of Finals week and it’s time for people to start leaving. The town is already getting quieter and I am beginning to be the only student left in Ag Hall. I’m not gonna lie, I’m looking forward to the silence. I could use a good break.

As for everything else, people are always changing and this year has been one of the most challenging years for me as far as friendships go. I still have my best girls and I know that I will always have them but others that I thought would be friends for life are beginning to distance themselves and I have done all I can do about it. I have to let it go. But…here is a song that I have been rocking out to lately and kind of explains all of the hot mess that has become some of my friendships.

Getting Older by Green River Ordinance
Give me time and give me space
After all the years here
Survey says we've lost our way
Remember back when we were young
It was easier to love
Now we are falling

I don't wanna spend my life running scared of what we're becoming
It's never what they told ya I guess we're getting older
I don't spend my life waiting watching while we all keep changing
I guess we're getting older; I guess we're getting older

It's been so long here trying to mend
The cracks we've falling in
Still they slip from under our feet
And we're falling fast we're falling

I don't wanna spend my life running scared of what we've becoming
It's never what they told ya I guess we're getting older
I don't spend my life waiting watching while we all keep changing
I guess we're getting older; I guess we're getting older oh

I don't wanna spend my life running scared of what we're becoming
I guess we're getting older I guess we're getting older

Oh (don't)
Oh (don't)
Oh (don't)
Oh-oh

I don't wanna spend my life running scared of what we've become
It's never what they told ya I guess we're getting older
I don't spend my life waiting watching while we all keep changing
I guess we're getting older; I guess we're getting older

Oh (don't)
Oh (don't go)
Oh (don't go)
Oh (don't go)
Oh (don't go)
Oh (don't)
Oh-oh

No comments:

Post a Comment

kmb: wild at heart.